FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact: Matt Johnson
September 14, 2023 757-890-3306; Matt.Johnson@yorkcounty.gov
On September 13th, the third set of finalists for Start Peninsula 2023 was announced following an online Micro Pitch competition. The finalists were Ellipticraft, StewTech, and Vino Visa. Ten pitchers participated in the Micro Pitch.
- Ellipticraft is a revolutionary watercraft that combines the benefits of elliptical exercise with the joy of being on the water. Ellipticraft provides an innovative solution that goes beyond traditional fitness routines. Their product merges physical exercise with the calming and therapeutic effects of water.
- StewTech is a personal electric vehicle (PEV) company that designs and manufactures performance scooters. They also make accessories for PEVs, including e-bikes, e-scooters, and electric unicycles.
- Vino Visa is an app that connects wine enthusiasts and wineries under one umbrella. Wine enthusiasts can find wineries, rate wine, collect badges, and share their progress history with friends. Wineries can communicate with customers and attract new ones through a simple interface that allows them to update their wine offerings and offer unique specials to their customers.
Each finalist will receive a $500 prize and is invited to participate in the Championship Pitch event on November 8th, where they will have a chance to win $5,000 to support their business growth. They will also have free access to local resources.
Judges for the first Micro Pitch included:
- Hunter Walsh, Director 757 Startup Studios
- Marty Kaszubowski, Virginia Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program (ICAP)
- William Mcpheat, Virginia Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program (ICAP)
Start Peninsula 2023 is hosted by York County, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and Poquoson and James City County. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, or the FAQ page.