Do you have a business idea (or invention) and need guidance and/or funding to get it off the ground? Then clear your calendar for one of our upcoming Micro Pitch Competitions! Apply for a chance to pitch your business below!
Micro Pitch #2
April 19th, 2023
Micro Pitch #3
September 13th, 2023
Micro Pitch #4
October 11th, 2023
2023 Championship Pitch Event First-Place Prize Package:
The Top 3 Pitchers will receive:
- $5,000 seed funding
- 1 seat to Growth University
- 1 year membership to Virginia Peninsula Chamber
Micro Pitch Competitions
There are four (4) Micro Pitch competitions held throughout the year with a separate final pitch event occurring in November.
The Micro Pitch competitions may have up to a total of 10 participants. Micro Pitch participants will have three (3) minutes to pitch their idea in front of a panel of judges. The objective of the pitch is to define the idea or concept by explaining the product, service, or value proposition in a short duration of time, while also exciting the audience and judges about the idea’s potential.
Three (3) finalists are selected from each of the four (4) Micro Pitch competitions to advance to the final pitch event held in November. A fifth-place finisher is selected as an alternate to pitch at the final event should one of the finalists be unable to participate in the final event.
Micro Pitch Competition
The following criteria will be used by the judges when scoring (max 5 points each for a total of 20 points):
- Problem or Opportunity – the pitcher clearly articulates a significant market problem or opportunity. The problem or opportunity is relatable and relevant to the market identified.
- Solution or Proposal – the pitcher clearly articulates a feasible solution that is likely to produce a sustainable and profitable venture.
- Target Market – the pitcher clearly articulates target customers and the size/characteristics of the target market.
- Pitch Delivery – the pitcher presents with confidence/enthusiasm, conveys a memorable message, and sparks further curiosity in each of the judges.
Championship Pitch Event
There are no prizes awarded at the Micro Pitch events to the finalists unless they participate at the Final event held in November. Each Micro Pitch finalist will receive $500 for their participation in the Final Event and the alternates will receive $200 each. Three (3) winners will be selected at the Final Pitch Event and will receive $5,000 each in lieu of the $500 Micro Pitch Finalist award or the $200 Alternate award.
Up to 15 Prize Awards
3 Winners $5,000 each
9 Finalists $500 each
3 Alternates $200 each
* Participation in a Pitch Competition is only open to those who reside or have their primary place of business in the 757 Hampton Roads area.
** Anyone can participate in a Pitch Perfect Workshop regardless of their place of residency.
Apply to Pitch
Clear your calendar for one of our upcoming Micro Pitch Competitions! Apply to pitch your business and for a chance to earn your spot in our main event in November where you can win $5,000.