FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact: Laura Messer
Oct. 16, 2020 757-253-6607; firstname.lastname@example.org
Last night, the second set of finalists for the 2020 Start Peninsula were announced following an online micro pitch competition. The finalists are 13b Bakery & Bistro, Opready, Stasis, Universal Cure: The Stress Reduction Program and Wave Coffee Brewer.
• 13B Bakery & Bistro is a new mobile bakery and bistro.
• Opready is cybersecurity compliance software for small and mid-sized businesses.
• Stasis is a web platform that provides daily breathing exercises to lower stress and anxiety to patients recovering from COVID-19.
• Universal Cure: The Stress Reduction Program is an evidence-based online course to teach nurses how to reduce their stress and learn coping skills.
• Wave Coffee Brewer is a coffee brewing system that works for K-Cups in a microwave oven.
Finalists will receive a cash prize and are allowed to participate in the Wednesday, Nov. 4 main pitch event where they will have a chance to win $5,000 to support their business growth and they will also have free access to local resources. If a finalist is a winner on Nov. 4, they will forgo their cash prize.
The final Start Peninsula event will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 4. Everyone is invited to participate as an observer. You may register online. There will be a final workshop on how to perfect your pitch on Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 5:30 p.m.
• Rachel Frazier, William & Mary
• Jeff Johnson, Tech Center Research Park
• Gary Behm, Local Angel Investor
Start Peninsula builds entrepreneurship on the Peninsula and celebrates our local entrepreneurial ecosystem. The event helps develop early stage businesses – those with a product or service that is still being brought to fruition and connects those entrepreneurs with opportunities to validate their business ideas and earn capital. Dozens of entrepreneurs connect with business leaders and mentors during Start Peninsula. The event is backed by six regional Economic Development Authorities, who are eager to support entrepreneurship.
Start Peninsula 2020 is hosted by the Greater Williamsburg area including James City County, the City of Williamsburg and York County, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Newport News and Poquoson. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, Facebook page or the FAQ page.