FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sep. 19, 2019
Start Peninsula is pleased to announce that Pitch Perfect events will return in preparation for the November event. Pitch Perfect events provide training on how to effectively pitch your idea in 90 seconds while including the necessary elements and delivering your pitch with confidence. Each Pitch Perfect event is presented by Tim Ryan, president of Arcphor and Gary Plaag, communications expert from Couragio Consulting.
Dates and locations are as follows:
- Sept 19: Piggly Wiggly Community Room, 3101 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23607
- Sept 26: Launchpad, the Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator, 4345 New Town Avenue, Suite 200, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Oct 3: York County Chamber of Commerce, 4102 George Washington Memorial Highway, #101, Yorktown, VA 23692
- Oct 8: Ferguson Heritage Center, 618 Bland Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23602
- Oct 16: Launchpad, the Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator
- Oct 23: Denbigh Community Center, 15198 Warwick BoulevardNewport News, VA 23608
- Oct 25: Dress rehearsal event, location to be decided
Early stage businesses are invited to apply to pitch at Start Peninsula. Thirty businesses will be invited to pitch on Friday, Nov. 1 and three winners will be selected on Sunday, Nov. 3. Each of the three winners will receive $5,000 to fuel their business growth and free access to local resources.
Start Peninsula 2019 is hosted by the City of Hampton, in partnership with the Cities of Newport News, Williamsburg and Poquoson, and the Counties of James City & York. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, Facebook page or their FAQ page.
Download a PDF of this news post.