FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – September 6, 2018
Start Peninsula is pleased to announce that Pitch Perfect events will return in preparation for the November event. Pitch Perfect events provide training on how to effectively pitch your idea in 90 seconds while including the necessary elements and delivering your pitch with confidence. Each Pitch Perfect event is presented by Tim Ryan, president of Arcphor and Gary Plaag, communications expert from Couragio Consulting.
Pitch Perfect costs $10 and those interested can sign up online.
Dates and locations are as follows:
- 12: Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, 21 Enterprise Parkway #100, Hampton, VA 23666
- 20: Launchpad, the Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator, 4345 New Town Avenue, Suite 200, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- 26: Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, 21 Enterprise Parkway #100, Hampton, VA 23666
- 2: City Center, Newport News, 700 Town Center Drive (James Room), Newport News, VA 23606
- 10: Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- 17: Launchpad, the Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator
- 25: Dress rehearsal event at the Start Peninsula location, Applied Research Center, 12050 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23606
Start Peninsula will be held Nov. 2-4, 2018 at the Applied Research Center across from Jefferson Lab and adjacent to Tech Center. It is a weekend-long event to stimulate entrepreneurial growth in the local community by connecting early stage businesses to validation, opportunities and resources. Start Peninsula combines a pitch competition with business education and a celebration of our local entrepreneurial ecosystem. Dozens of entrepreneurs connect with business leaders and mentors during this exciting event that showcases early stage businesses. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012.
Early stage businesses are invited to apply to pitch at Start Peninsula. If a business is invited to pitch at Start Peninsula, they must pay a fee of $75 before Oct. 1 or $100 after. Thirty businesses will be invited to pitch on Friday, Nov. 2 and three winners will be selected on Sunday, Nov. 3. Each of the three winners will receive $5,000 to fuel their business growth and free access to local resources.
Start Peninsula 2018 is hosted by the City of Newport News, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Williamsburg and Poquoson, and the Counties of James City & York. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit their website, Facebook page or their FAQ page.
View the official press release by clicking here.