For Immediate Release: March 28, 2022
Contact: Dan Girouard, 757.728.5169 or email@example.com
On March 24th, the first set of finalists for the 2022 Start Peninsula was announced following an online micro pitch competition. The finalists were ChxmpionChip, Edenic Energy, and Nerd Flex. In total, eight pitchers participated.
- ChxmpionChip is an enterprise software application for online gambling within Hampton Roads with expansion plans to grow the brand and service nationwide.
- Edenic Energy is a construction technology company that leverages sustainable practices and data analytics to identify, design, and build energy-efficient projects.
- Nerd Flex is a physical fitness and nutrition platform designed for comic cons and video game fans. Bringing health and fitness to a much overlooked demographic.
Each finalist will receive a $500 prize and be allowed to participate in the Wednesday, November 3rd Final Pitch event where they will have a chance to win $5,000 to support their business growth and they will also have free access to local resources.
The next Start Peninsula Micro Pitch competition will be held on Wednesday, April 21. Early-stage businesses are invited to apply to participate. Two additional micro pitch competitions will be held on September 14 and October 12.
Judges for the first Micro Pitch included:
- Eileen Brewer, 757 Collab
- Marty Kaszubowski, ICAP mentor
- Zack Miller, author of Anomaly
Start Peninsula 2022 is hosted by the City of Hampton, in partnership with the Cities of Newport News, Williamsburg and Poquoson and the Counties of James City and York. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, Facebook page or the FAQ page.